Create fully customized Collage from your photos
We have been posting about creating slide shows from photos, creating AVI file from photos etc. Here is a small application, which can create collage form your photos.
Shape Collage is an awesome tool; it can create Collages of different layouts using your photo set.
Shape Collage is available for Windows, Mac and Linux; also there are Java Web Start and Java (Jar) versions available.
Once installed and launched, you come across a window as shown below.
The first two columns don’t need any description, 1st one is to simply add photos (in my case the drag and drop feature didn’t work, i.e. in Windows 7), second column is the preview window, whatever you do in 3rd column the results for it can be seen in it immediately using the ‘Preview’ button.
Now let us see all the three tabs in last i.e. 3rd column –
Shape and Size –
This helps you in deciding the Shape and Size of your collage –
- Shape allows you to choose the shape of your collage, don’t get confused with background, only the way photos get arranged is chosen on the shape section. You can choose it from regular shapes, Rectangle, Heart, or Circle or you can even choose to arrange your photos in a form of text, a letter a word or a symbol, also you can draw some shapes on your own and arrange photos on it.
- Size, you can choose size manually for your collage may be the one which fits your monitor resolution.
- Photo size, depending upon the mode of photos, like if it’s close-up type photos set you can go with smaller size else choose a bigger one.
- # Photos, either use all photos added or choose a specific number.
- Photo spacing, choose the spacing between photos on the final collage.
Simple one, just select the look, i.e. background of collage and border of photos.
Choose the attributes like rotation, i.e. angles etc., Shadow, and options to choose the boundary and if all the photos need to be of same size.
While making changes in this 3rd column you can check using the preview column and button.
All set? Click ‘Create’ and within few moments you will get your collage on your computer.
Here is one which I created for me.
Try it out yourself, hope you like it, and do tell us if you liked it.