Hawkscope -Access all files from system tray
When we want to access any file quickly, we always place that file on desktop which makes our system slow. Second option is that we need to surf drives to access any file or folder, it is little bit time consuming.
Hawkscope is a nice open source program to access your hard drive contents easily through system tray or using menu bar icon with dynamic pop-up menu. Best part of this Hawkscope is available for all three major platforms windows, Linux and Mac.
How it works:-
Right click hawkscope’s icon from system tray to launch the menu showing all drives (partitions), move mouse cursor on desire partition to search file or folder, again move cursor on folder or sub-folder to see the contents of that.
Hawkscope’s setting includes several options to make it more
- Quick access: – Create folder for quick access.
- Blacklist: – To display or to hide the hidden files.
- Network: – To use HTTP proxy and to enable authentication.
- Plugins: – To reload or to add plugins.
- Open with: – Specify file and program with whom you want to open that file. Like I want to open video file with media player.
I think this is really nice program to access file from any hard disk drives, USB drives or any folder or sub-folder. What you think, is it useful?