How to Enable DreamScene in Windows 7?
You know, one of the coolest feature in Windows Vista was the ability to add Videos as a desktop background. This feature is called as DreamScene. But DreamScene in Windows Vista was more of a failure than a success. Still thoasands of PC user loves the faeture of DreamScene. In Windows 7, this feature has been replaced by the simple Desktop Slideshow feature.
Don’t worry! DreamScene feature is easily added in Windows 7 through a simple program that modifies your registry and copies the necessary files to enable the DreamScene.
To Enable DreamScene, do the following steps:
- First, download Windows7-DreamScene.exe file.
- Run Windows7-DreamScene.exe file as Administrator [Right click on file and click on Run as administrator].
- The installer will automatically copy the necessary files on to your computer and change your registry.
- It will automatically install DreamScene and restart Explorer .
- DreamScene will be working immediately after the install.
- Right-click on any WMV or MPG video file to set it as your DreamScene desktop background video.
- Your Wallpaper is now a working video.
[Note: To use DreamScene, you must have Windows Aero enabled.]
- Smaller files work better, the smaller the video, the less lag time in the playback.
- Right click your desktop to “Pause” or “Play” your DreamScene wallpaper video.
- Try wallpaper videos with sound/audio.
To enable Windows DreamScene sound, read this article.
I hope you liked the above post. Give your reviews by commenting below.