How to hide Drives from Computer without any Software
Everyone have something secret document in their computers, and lot of times others are using our computer, so we quite worried about our personal data. Here I suggests you a small and easy solution for hiding any specific drives from your computer.
It’s all about registry.
Steps to hide your computer Drives
- Click on Start and open Registry Editor Program by typing “regedit “command in Run dialog box option.
- In registry editor, just double click on each folder given in below path to get explorer folder.
- Right click on explorer folder and select New -> Dword Value.
- Rename registry new value#1 to NoDrives .
- Double click on NoDrvies to edit (decimal) dword value.
- Here is simple game of numbers when we want to hide specific drive like for “A drive=1”, “B drive=2”, “C Drive=4” “D Drive=8” “E drive= 16” and so on (making double of previous drive number).
- When we want to hide more than one drive then just add numbers of respected drives like I want to hide my “A, C and E drives (1+8+4=13)”, so I will give 13 decimal number.
This is very useful for me to keep my data secret while others are using my computer. How about you?