Improve your computer performance with virtual memory
Virtual memory is a very important aspect of most operating systems on computers. Most computers have something like 64 or 128 MB of RAM available for use by CPU. Often, that amount of RAM is not sufficient to run all of the programs that users expect to run at once.
If you set the virtual memory to double to the actual RAM size then it gives better performance of your computer. If you set the virtual memory to more than double or less than the double of actual RAM size then it will decrease your computer performance .So set the initial size and maximum size of virtual memory to double of actual RAM size (i.e., if your computer has 256 MB of RAM then set the initial size and maximum size of virtual memory to 512 MB) and enjoy better performance of your computer.
How to set the virtual memory
1) Right click on my computer, go to properties.
2) Click on advanced option
3) first performance setting option for virtual memory
4) Then in next window ,select advanced, click on change
5) Select custom size, set initial size and maximum size to double of RAM for C: drive
6) ‘Set’ button, then click ‘OK’ button.
7) Restart your system for changes to take effect.
No tags for this post.