Manage your shared computer with SteadyState
Microsoft provides SteadyState free software to manage shared computers efficiently. As we know there are lot of issues with shared computers like privacy, security, change in appearance and configuration, installation of unwanted programs, viruses etc.
SteadyState provide several features to manage shared computers. Let’s see one by one
- Select Disk protection to protect partitions. It removes any changes done by shared users when computer is restart.
- Lock shared users account to limit the user. Also we can give restrict user to access programs and settings.
- User Account Manager makes easy to create and delete the user’s accounts. It is also possible to create users account on alternative drives that will keep user data and settings.
- Usually we are installing operating system on ‘c’ drive so it prevents to create and store folder on ‘c’ drive.
- We are able schedule Updates as per our and shared users convenience.
Microsoft’s free software working on genuine Windows Xp only. So please refer How to make Genuine (Validate) Windows Xp to install Microsoft’s software and Updates